1. Board Officer Appointments – The following is a list of the 2022 Board Members and their offices. President: Wendy “Mitzi” Walker
Vice President: Angelina Hannum
Treasurer: Chris Shipley
Secretary: Peg Cass
Director at Large: Lyndell “Lyndy” Roe
Director at Large: Les Shipley
Director at Large: Bob Small
2. Focus Civano – The Focus Civano team has been working under the Civano Common Area Asset Committee (CCAA). There are five specified areas that are the focus for initial projects. The following have workgroups established who have been busy creating plans to implement updates upon Board approval. Members are welcome to join and participate, if you are interested in helping, please contact the HOA office. Landscape entryway improvements, multi-generational gathering/recreational spaces, seating spaces, pathway lighting and pool restrooms. The CCAA will be the guiding committee for all Focus Civano efforts.
3. Revised Reservation Form – The Board of Directors has adopted a new reservation form. There was only one major change which was to the rental fee. Any reservation that for up to 5 hours will be $50 and the fee for anything over 5 hours is $100. The new form may be found in the HOA office or online at https://civano.org/ .
4. 2022 Committee Appointments – Congratulations and thank you to all those who volunteered.
Design Review Committee (DRC): Chair-Mitzi Walker, Lyndy Roe, Penny Pederson, Bill Kuder, and Chandra Holifield-Collins. Alternates are Peg Cass and Dianne Wilcox.
Civano Common Area Asset Committee (CCAA): Caryl Clement, Rick Hanson, Mark Levine, John Siath, Rick Stertz, and Hannah Walker.
Budget & Finance Committee: Chair – Chris Shipley, Mark Levine, Caryl Clement, Gian Morelli, Jan Reynolds, and Justin Walker.
Events Committee: Angelina Hannum, Lyndy Roe, Tina Solis, Debbie Stertz, and Hannah Walker.
5. Lot #152 – Appeal DRC decision denying Mural – The Board reviewed the request for appeal related to the mural on lot #152. The decision has been postponed allowing the DRC time to determine whether they can create a rule that will allow a review process for murals. The Board will revisit the matter no later than the September Board of Director’s meeting.
6. Focus Civano Landscape Enhancement Request – The CCAA requested the Board provide more specific guidance related to the landscape entryways and give them permission to also consider entry monumentation and utility box artwork as part of their process. The Board has requested that the CCAA come back to the Board with a more concise master plan that can be used as the overall process for Focus Civano efforts. Prior to adopting a master plan, the Board needs to understand the costs associated with removing the tot lot and completely relocating it to another location. The CCAA is tasked with bringing that cost analysis back to the Board, which includes the tot lot relocation and entryway updates.
7. Focus Civano Request for Butterfly Garden – The CCAA was approved to move forward with a grant request to the TMC Foundation in the amount of $20,000 to be used towards a butterfly garden. They then approved moving forward with creation of a design and find an appropriate location to present to both the Board and the TMC Foundation as part of the grant application.
8. New Porter/Janitorial Services – The Board hired a maintenance technician from Paul Ash Management who will be dedicated at Civano Monday, Wednesday and Friday five hours per day to provide cleaning services to the facilities and empty those trash cans. New service starts on June 1st.